Rest Ministries chronic illness support featured site




Sunday, February 19, 2012

Still Learning, Still Believing

This post is dedicated to my daughter.  I have learned a lot over the years about your needs, fears, likes and dislikes, yet still I don't feel like I know nearly enough.  I lose patience with you at times.  In those moments, I forget or just don't realize that much of your behavior is a manifestation of the challenges that you face, day in and day out.  You are my champion, my hero.  You don't understand the reasons behind many your behaviors either, so forgive me for demanding explanations for things that you cannot give me.  Together, we will continue to move forward.  I will do my best to help you to understand yourself and the world around you, and I don't take that responsibility lightly! Every person has a gift that he/she brings into the world when they are born.  You are no exception! Your resilient sense of determination assures me that you will achieve your dreams.  You may have your own way of getting there, but you will get there.  I am so blessed to be your mother.  I hope that you feel equally as blessed to have me.

No comments: